A vital strategy to comply with Workplace Health and Safety legislation and manage workplace health
Find out more about developing a job dictionary.
Find out more
A Job Dictionary is an integral part of your overall strategy to comply with Workplace Health and Safety legislation and manage workplace health. It also forms a vital platform for other innovative and proactive Employ Health solutions. We can develop tailored job dictionary templates and job assessments and procedures that work for your workplace.
“Understanding the physical demands of each forms the foundation for effective health risk management strategy.”
The Job Dictionary documents the specific task components and physical demands of each job. This enables managers to identify risks associated with hazardous manual tasks and then assess worker competency for the task.
It helps your business make better informed decisions by knowing the answers to questions such as:
- Is this task suitable for injured workers?
- Is an injured worked returning to work, capable of completing this task safely?
- Can the task be done more efficiently?
- Do the workers need further training to complete this task?
The Employ Health Difference
At Employ Health, we focus on creating a Job Dictionary that is tailored to your organisation needs. We believe a carefully designed Job Dictionary will allow the business to seamlessly execute many other critical processes and solutions the will ensure the greatest efficiency and compliance whilst minimising harm in the workplace.
Healthy workers, healthy workplace
BENEFITS TO YOUR EMPLOYEES
- Harmful tasks or activities identified and action plan to eliminate.
- Understand that the business is taking steps to eliminate harm.
- Ensuring job matching process
- Better communication between safety team and employees
- Improved work satisfaction
- A respectful, caring work environment.
- Proactive mindset
BENEFITS TO YOUR BUSINESS
- A more productive, profitable workforce
- Formulating graded rehabilitation programs
- Assessing worker competency or training needs
- Development of Pre-employment screening or functional capacity evaluations
- Increased staff retention
- Reduced injury management and workers' compensation costs
- Improved return to work performance form injured workers.
- Proactive approach consistent with company values and vision.
EMPLOY HEALTH TAILORED JOB DICTIONARIES OUTLINE:
Key job information such as PPE, shift durations/rotations, equipment, skills and qualifications and work environment
Weight and dimensions of materials handled
Critical task functions
Critical task analysis
Critical Physical demands
Physical demand classification
Your business is only as strong as its weakest worker. People are ultimately your competitive edge. Find out how our systems approach to workforce health will improve your business.