We can help you protect your employees and protect your business
Find out about our manual handling services.
Get a quote
Manual Handling Training
Our highly skilled Employ Health Physiotherapists can help you reduce manual handling injuries and the risks associated with the manual tasks in your workplace.
“We can help you protect your employees and protect your business.”
We provide innovative, tailored manual handling training programs to suit you requirements, including:
- Training seminars / workshops
- Tool Box Talks
- Task specific on the job training
Depending on your needs, our engaging programs can include:
- An interactive presentation covering employee obligations, manual handling theory, application and demonstration
- Practical component can incorporate products and materials specific to your workplace
- Participant handbooks including warm-up and stretching handouts
- Task and job specific assessments
- Certificate of completion for each employee
- Training competency register for your records
We understand that our clients are looking for a proactive approach to reducing risk associated with manual tasks. A holistic approach is used that does not just focus on manual handling theory and employee obligation. Rather employees are empowered to implement the theory and practical skills which has resulted in increased practical use and integration into the workplace.
The Employ Health Difference
Our programs are delivered by a workplace Physiotherapist, who specialises in the treatment and management of injuries arising from manual handling.
We understand every workplace is different so it’s important to address your specific needs at this point in time. Our team of experts will develop tailored solutions for your workplace to help you manage manual handling risks.
We take the positive approach to manual handling training by focusing on promoting positive behaviors and not reinforcing negative attitudes.
Employ Health skillfully bridges the gap between theory and practical application, by delivering information in an easy to understand way. Empowering employees and giving them the confidence to implement their new skills results in a positive approach to manual handling and increased compliance.
Healthy workers, healthy workplace
BENEFITS FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES
- Gain practical strategies to reduce their risk of injury, pain and soreness associated with performing manual tasks
- Feel empowered to identify and suggest solutions to risks they identify within their workplace, and have the basic knowledge required to modify tasks or ask for assistance
- Have improved body awareness, and the ability to recognise the link between their posture and body position and their pain or symptoms
- Understand their legal obligations under WHS laws
BENEFITS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
- Reduce the frequency and severity of manual handling Injuries
- Reduction in reportable injuries ( LTI, MTI etc)
- Engage your employees with your WHS strategy
- Improve productivity
- Improved safety culture
- Meet legal and statutory training requirements
- Stakeholder engagement
COMPLIANCE WITH WHS LAWS
Regulation 60 of the WHS regulations, 2011 outlines that:
“A person conducting a business or undertaking must manage risks to health and safety relating to a musculoskeletal disorder associated with a hazardous manual task.”
Your business is only as strong as its weakest worker. People are ultimately your competitive edge. Find out how our systems approach to workforce health will improve your business.